If you have an InMotion Hosting reseller account, you can set up a free Cloudflare account to improve your website’s performance and security.
Cloudflare is a content delivery network that helps to accelerate website load times and protect against DDoS attacks.
By using Cloudflare with your InMotion Hosting reseller account, you can provide your customers with a faster and more secure web hosting experience.
Setting up a Cloudflare account with your InMotion Hosting reseller account is easy and free.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
We’ll cover everything from signing up for a Cloudflare account to configuring your settings and testing your setup.
By the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of how Cloudflare and InMotion Hosting work together to improve your web hosting services.
What is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a content delivery network (CDN) that offers various website performance and security services. It operates as a reverse proxy and is designed to improve website speed, reduce server load, block online threats, and mitigate DDoS attacks. Its services include a free SSL certificate, website caching, image optimization, and much more.
When you integrate Cloudflare with your InMotion Hosting reseller account, you can improve your website’s performance and security, ultimately enhancing user experience and boosting your website’s traffic.
InMotion Hosting Reseller Account
InMotion Hosting’s reseller accounts are an excellent choice for those who want to sell web hosting services. With InMotion Hosting, you can create your own web hosting plans and pricing, and manage multiple websites from a single dashboard. In addition, InMotion Hosting offers excellent customer support, with 24/7/365 live support via phone, chat, or email.
Furthermore, InMotion Hosting integrates seamlessly with Cloudflare, allowing you to take advantage of Cloudflare’s powerful content delivery network (CDN) and security features. By using Cloudflare with your InMotion Hosting reseller account, you can improve your website’s speed, uptime, and security, while reducing your server load and bandwidth usage.
Signing up for a Cloudflare Account
Setting up a free Cloudflare account is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Follow these steps to sign up:
- Go to the Cloudflare website, click on “Sign Up”, and enter your email address and a strong password. Agree to the terms of service and click on “Create Account”.
- Enter your website’s domain name and click on “Add Site”. Cloudflare will scan your DNS records to identify your website’s existing DNS settings.
- Verify the DNS records and click on “Continue”. After that, select the Cloudflare plan that suits your needs. For an InMotion Hosting reseller account, you can choose the free plan.
- Cloudflare will then provide you with two new nameservers to use for your website. Log in to the account that you used to purchase your domain and update the nameservers with the new Cloudflare nameservers.
- Once you have updated the nameservers, wait a few hours for the changes to propagate before proceeding with the next steps.
It’s important to note that changing your website’s nameservers can temporarily affect your website’s availability. If you experience any issues, contact InMotion Hosting’s customer support for assistance.
Adding Your Website to Cloudflare
Once you have created your free Cloudflare account, the next step is to add your website to the platform. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on the “+ Add Site” button.
- Enter your website’s URL and click on the “Add Site” button.
- Choose the Cloudflare plan you want to use. If you are using Cloudflare with an InMotion Hosting reseller account, the free plan is sufficient. Click on the “Confirm Plan” button.
- Cloudflare will automatically scan your DNS records. Ensure that all DNS records for your website are correct and click on the “Continue” button.
- Select the appropriate Cloudflare settings for your website. You can choose from “High”, “Medium”, or “Low” settings for security and performance. It is recommended that you select the “High” setting for maximum security and performance. Click on the “Continue” button.
- Review your settings and click on the “Continue” button.
- Cloudflare will provide you with two nameservers to update your domain’s DNS records. Keep this window open and open a new browser tab.
- Log in to your domain registrar’s control panel and update your domain’s nameservers with the ones provided by Cloudflare. This may take up to 48 hours to propagate.
- Once your nameservers have updated, return to your Cloudflare dashboard and click on the “Done, check nameservers” button to verify that your website is active on Cloudflare.
It is important to note that you should not make any changes to your website’s DNS records while Cloudflare is active. Any changes should be made through your Cloudflare account.
Setting Up Cloudflare DNS
Once you have added your website to your Cloudflare account, the next step is to set up Cloudflare DNS for your website. This is a crucial step in the process, as it will ensure that your website is properly connected to Cloudflare’s network.
To set up Cloudflare DNS, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Select the domain you want to set up Cloudflare DNS for.
- Click on the “DNS” tab.
- Click on the “Add Record” button.
- Choose the type of record you want to add (e.g. “A”, “CNAME”, “MX”, etc.).
- Enter the necessary information for the record (e.g. IP address, domain name, etc.).
- Click on the “Save” button to save the record.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for any additional records you need to add.
It’s important to note that the DNS changes may take up to 24 hours to propagate globally. During this time, you may experience some intermittent downtime or errors as the changes take effect.
If you have any issues during this process, don’t hesitate to contact Cloudflare support for assistance.
Configuring Cloudflare Settings
Once your website has been added to Cloudflare and the DNS has been set up, it’s time to configure your Cloudflare settings to optimize your website’s performance and security.
Follow these steps to configure your Cloudflare settings:
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Select your website from the dashboard.
- Click on the “DNS” tab.
- Configure your DNS settings to match your website’s host settings.
- Click on the “SSL/TLS” tab.
- Choose your SSL/TLS encryption mode and configure your SSL/TLS settings.
- Click on the “Firewall” tab.
- Configure your firewall settings to protect your website from attacks.
- Click on the “Speed” tab.
- Configure your speed settings to optimize your website’s loading time.
It’s important to note that some settings may require additional setup or configuration. Refer to Cloudflare’s documentation or contact their support team for further assistance.
Once you have configured your Cloudflare settings, be sure to test your website to ensure that everything is working properly.
Testing Your Cloudflare Setup
Once you have completed the setup of your Cloudflare account and configured your settings, it is important to test your setup to ensure everything is working properly. Here are the steps to test your Cloudflare setup:
- Visit your website and ensure that it loads successfully. If it does not, check your DNS settings in your Cloudflare account.
- Check your website’s SSL certificate to ensure it is active and valid. You can use an online SSL checker tool to do this.
- Test your website’s speed using a tool like GTmetrix or Pingdom. Compare the results to your website’s previous speed before setting up Cloudflare to see if there has been any improvement.
If you encounter any issues during the testing process, review your Cloudflare settings and DNS configuration to ensure everything is correct. If you are still experiencing issues, reach out to the support team at InMotion Hosting or Cloudflare for assistance.
Here are some common questions and answers regarding setting up a free Cloudflare account with your InMotion Hosting reseller account.
Is it really free to use Cloudflare with my InMotion Hosting reseller account?
Yes, it is completely free to use Cloudflare with your InMotion Hosting reseller account. All you need to do is sign up for a free Cloudflare account and follow the steps outlined in this article to get started.
What are the benefits of using Cloudflare with my InMotion Hosting reseller account?
Cloudflare can help improve the performance and security of your website by caching your content, blocking malicious traffic, and providing a CDN. It can also help reduce your website’s load times, which can lead to better search engine rankings and a better user experience.
Do I need any technical skills to set up Cloudflare with my InMotion Hosting reseller account?
No, you do not need any technical skills to set up Cloudflare with your InMotion Hosting reseller account. The steps outlined in this article are easy to follow and do not require any coding or programming knowledge.
How long does it take to set up Cloudflare with my InMotion Hosting reseller account?
The entire process of setting up a free Cloudflare account and configuring it to work with your InMotion Hosting reseller account should take no more than 30 minutes.
Can I use Cloudflare with any type of website hosted on an InMotion Hosting reseller account?
Yes, Cloudflare can be used with any type of website hosted on an InMotion Hosting reseller account, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and more.
What if I run into problems during the setup process?
If you encounter any issues during the setup process, you can contact InMotion Hosting’s support team for assistance. Additionally, Cloudflare provides extensive documentation and support resources on their website to help you troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Where can I learn more about Cloudflare and InMotion Hosting?
You can learn more about Cloudflare and InMotion Hosting by visiting their respective websites and exploring their documentation and support resources.